This post may contain partner or affiliate links which means I might make a small commission, at no additional cost to you, for any purchases made through my affiliate links. For more info, read my full disclaimer.
- 1 Who wrote the Book of Genesis and who did they write it to?
- 2 When did the events of the Book of Genesis happen?
- 3 What was the setting of the Book of Genesis?
- 4 What is the purpose of the Book of Genesis?
- 5 How does Genesis apply to my life?
Who wrote the Book of Genesis and who did they write it to?
Moses wrote the book of Genesis for the Israelites while wandering in the wilderness of Sinai.
When did the events of the Book of Genesis happen?
Late 15th Century, approximately 400 years after the death of Joseph.
What was the setting of the Book of Genesis?
From Creation to Egypt.
What is the purpose of the Book of Genesis?
- Creation & the Fall
- Creation & the Fall (Gen. 1-3)
- Beginning of human life on earth
- Covenant to bring us back into a relationship with God
How does Genesis apply to my life?
- Learn about the beginning, humanity’s fall, and the start of God’s rescue story.
- Learn where we came from, why we are here, and why we need salvation.
- Understand how humanity began with God and how badly God wants a relationship with us.
- Establishes the priorities God wants us to set in our relationships.
- Understand the covenant relationship we have with God and why it started.
- Sets us up for the Law.
- Reminds us that we are not alone in our sin nature, and that sin has been a problem for every single human in all of time.