Who wrote the Book of Genesis and who did they write it to?
Moses wrote the book of Genesis for the Israelites while wandering in the wilderness of Sinai.
When did the events of the Book of Genesis happen?
The book of Genesis covers the timeframes from creation to the late 15th Century, approximately 400 years after the death of Joseph.
What was the setting of the Book of Genesis?
The book of Genesis covers the events from Creation to the Israelites in Egypt.
What is the purpose of the Book of Genesis?
- Creation & the Fall
- Creation & the Fall (Genesis 1-3)
- Beginning of human life on earth
- Covenant to bring us back into a relationship with God
How does Genesis apply to my life?
- Learn about the beginning, humanity’s fall, and the start of God’s rescue story.
- Learn where we came from, why we are here, and why we need salvation.
- Understand how humanity began with God and how badly God wants a relationship with us.
- Establishes the priorities God wants us to set in our relationships.
- Understand the covenant relationship we have with God and why it started.
- Sets us up for the Law.
- Reminds us that we are not alone in our sin nature, and that sin has been a problem for every single human in all of time.
Grab your printable copy of this study!
Recommended Study Tools
|CSB She Reads Truth Bible–soft leather-look, rose gold
By Holman Bible Publishers
|Zondervan Illustrated Bible Dictionary: Based on Articles from the Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible
By J.D. Douglas & M.C. Tenney, edited by M. Silva / Zondervan
Have you accepted the grace of God?
If you have not accepted the grace of God and chosen to believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, I encourage you to pray to God now and invite Him in, accept Jesus as the sacrifice for your sins, and repent of your sins. Submit it all to God, lay it at His feet, seek the forgiveness of God, welcome Him into your life, and believe that Jesus died and rose again to save you from your sins.
If you would like to learn more about salvation, you can find a couple of studies that may help here:
- Names of Jesus: Savior
- Don’t Neglect Your Salvation
- Prayer of Salvation
- What is grace and why do we need it?
- What does it mean to be justified by grace?
- Don’t Reject God’s Grace
- Don’t Reject Christ
- Godly Women – what it means to live a godly life
- Redeemed Women – what it means to be redeemed
- What is Biblical Love?
- What are Spiritual Gifts?
- How to live in Spirit and Truth
- How to test what is pleasing to God
- Names of Jesus as the Son of God
- Names of Jesus as the Son of Man
- Names of Jesus as the Truth