This post may contain partner or affiliate links which means I might make a small commission, at no additional cost to you, for any purchases made through my affiliate links. For more info, read my full disclaimer.
There are a lot of different programs available to use for social media posts, t-shirt designs, wall art, stickers, printables, documents, and so much more. I have used many different programs and have found Canva to be my absolute favorite above all others for my day-to-day designing needs. Whether you are a professional designer, a social media influencer, content creator, or homemaker, Canva is an incredible tool that can truly help simplify the design process and save you time and money.
Canva Pro versus Canva Free
I have used several graphic design programs over the years, both are free and paid. First of all, this program is much more than just a graphic design tool. Both the paid and the free versions of Canva are wonderful and easy to use. You can use the free version for all kinds of great designs without having to buy the subscription, purchase individual elements within the library, and also order products with your designs on them straight through Canva.
The free version of Canva comes with:
- 250,000+ templates that are easily custumizable
- 100+ design types for social posts, presentations, documents, resumes, planners, and more
- Thousands of stock photos and different graphic elements to use in your projects
- Collaboration tools to have a team help with your designs
- 5GB of storage on the cloud
The paid version of Canva includes:
The paid version, of course, has much more to offer than the free version. It is one of the only premium design programs I have used that I find worth paying for. I am a big advocate for lifetime upgrades, and I am extremely picky about annual or monthly subscription-based programs, but Canva takes the cake for me with their subscription features.
- Everything in the free plan
- 100+ million stock photos, videos, audios, and graphic elements
- 610,000+ custumizable templates for all kinds of projects
- Upload and apply your own fonts, logos, branding, colors and brand kits
- Image background remover
- Instantly resize your images with intuituive tool for minimal manual resizing
- Save your designs as templates to share with your team or sell
- 100GB cloud storage with ability to organize in lots of folders
- Social media scheduler and content planner
Canva Pro is $119.99 per year or $12.99 per month. The annual plan saves you $35.89 per year which is extremely generous and I am all for the savings if you can afford to invest $119.99 at one time. It is a yearly investment worth making for your business, but also for many personal uses!
Compare Canva Free and Canva Pro:
How I use Canva Pro for my Christian business
For businesses, Canva Pro has a whole suite of options that I absolutely love. Whether you are designing blog images, product designs, social media posts, logos, or even content planners and to-do lists, Canva has you covered! I use Canva for the following business tasks, and more, on a regular basis and it has helped me get organized and work more efficiently on my various ideas whether on the go or at home.
- Featured images for my blog
- Social medial images for blog posts
- Designing and scheduling Bible verse graphics for social media
- Designing Bible Reading Plans
- Designing Bible verse wallpapers
- Instagram Reels and Youtube Shorts
- Promotional graphics for my Etsy shop
- Designing apparel and other products
- Designing printable Bible study tools
- Creating logos and branded graphics
- Designing Bible tabs and stickers
- Creating content calendars and planners
- Designing banners and branded materials for shops and sites
- Designing website graphics and materials
There are many things I use Canva for, both on their awesome and highly rated App or online on my desktop or laptop, and it has so much potential for your business. Canva allows me to create my products, design graphics, organize projects, and easily schedule posts on my social media accounts all in one service. Some additional reasons I love to use this graphic design program are:
- Premium images
- Mockup images
- Instant resizing
- Saving brand kits
- Uploading fonts
- Uploading graphic elements from my computer
- Sharing projects for others to help design
- Selling and sharing template versions of designs
There are countless graphics, elements, fonts, and stock images to use right in the program, but you can also upload your own that you bought or created, such as from programs like Affinity, CorelDraw, or Adobe. Sometimes I create part of an element in a vector design program then bring it into Canva to include in bigger designs and projects. This saves me lots of time and streamlines so much of the design process with the easy-to-use editor and available elements, branding, color pallets, and more. The fact that all of my designs are saved on the cloud is a huge bonus as well!
How I use Canva Pro for personal and household designs
I also love to use Canva for many personal projects. As a mom, wife, homemaker, crafter, and so much more I have been able to create many items for my home with ease, such as:
- Stickers for planner, journals, and fun projects
- SVG files for cutting on my Cricut Maker 3
- Labels for various things around my home
- Chore charts, family calendars, and to-do lists
- Designing home decor and wall art
- Designing matching family tshirts to make with my Cricut Easypress
- Designing SVG for car decals and stickers
I absolutely love to plaster Bible verses around my home and any piece of clothing my family will let me print on. I desire for anyone coming into my home to be encouraged by the gospel, and I want my home to be a place of worship. I love to craft and I love for my home to be orderly and organized. I am NOT super talented at graphic design, though, (or interior decorating for that matter) so Canva helps me combine all of this in a convenient way that lets me focus more on worship while I work, design, plan, and organize my life, home, and family.
I am all for practical, and the fact that I can use this incredible graphic design program for so many of my professional AND personal projects is huge for me. I appreciate that I don’t need to be experienced with graphic design to use Canva. I am able to spend less time designing my projects here than I do in so many other programs. This means I have more time for the more important tasks. I am able to use this program for both my business and my personal needs, and it helps me draw others to God, organize my home and family, and even worship the Lord as I spend time designing in Canva.
I highly recommend using Canva whether you are a business owner, stay-at-home or work-from-home mom, homemaker, housewife, college student, influencer, or if you just want to make some awesome designs with minimal effort and a lot of fun. As a Christian woman, Canva is a wonderful graphic design program to help me focus on glorifying God in the design process and draw others to Him through my creations.
Try out Canva for free and create something beautiful and honoring to the Lord today!